Monday 6 December 2010

Interview : Dan Mumford

Hi all, I have a great post to make here, I recently got in touch with awesome artist Dan Mumford, and asked if he would answer me some questions, to which he graciously replied yes! Many thanks to Dan for this, I really appreciate it. Here's the interview and some of his work.



1. What kinds of things influence your work on a daily basis?

--Not that much really, but it tends to be music or film, I normally get ideas just walking about more than actively looking for inspiration.

2. I first came to know of your work through your album sleeves. Is music something that is important to your life and work?

--Yeah, the only reason I work in this area of artwork and design is because of music, I grew up very much involved in the music scene and this is essentially just an extension of that.



3. How do you approach a new piece of work when you have a “blank canvas” in front of you? Is it mostly client lead or do you have more of a free reign?

--Its a mix of both, I don't like to have a completely blank canvas, its always nice if the client has at least some idea of what they might want me to do for them.

4. Do you find time to draw for yourself as well as commissioned work?

--Not as much as I'd like to, but I have my own clothing brand now, which allows me to do my own stuff.



5. How important has “networking” been to your success?

--Not as much as it should be, I don't feel I do enough networking at all, and if I did I could probably open up a lot more avenues to myself than I have now.

6. Finally, if you could interview one artist or designer, living or dead, who would it be?

--Probably Alfons Mucha, his works been a big influence.

Again much gratitude to Dan for this interview , very much appreciated and very helpful!

Check out his website here - www.dan-mumford.com

No comments:

Post a Comment