Monday 22 November 2010

Competition Brief - James and The Giant Peach



After looking at all the different competition briefs on offer I have decided to try the Penguin children's book competition, which this year is James and the Giant Peach. I am excited to take this on as it is a great story (one which I need to re-read asap) and is full of great imagery for me to get my teeth stuck into. So far I have just done a couple of sheets of thumbnails but watch this space for further progress. One thing that will be challenging on this brief is that one of the requirements is to have quite a bit of written information on the cover, including the title, author, illustrator etc. I have never really attempted to put typography in my work so it will be an interesting challenge. I have attempted to consider the type from the very beginning as to avoid it being an afterthought.

No comments:

Post a Comment