Saturday 30 January 2010

Resistance Brief Progress

So, I've been having a hard time with the brief recently, but I think I have made a positive step in the direction of a good idea. I identified that I wanted to concentrate on Resistance to my vice of computer games, and my ideas were fairly surface level stuff, being chained to the Xbox etc.
After various chats with the tutors I was trying to come up with some way of juxtaposing the real and the virtual, what is it that you get from real life that you dont get from a computer game, and also that spending too much time on the Xbox is not living your life properly at all.
So after a chat with Ian M we focused in on a way of representing this visually; the idea is to have some grotesque creature made up of things that represent computer games or the insubstantial virtual world in general, attacking some poor soul and him/her having to resist said grotesque creature. Sort of in the style of propaganda posters where they would represent Nazi Germany as a snake attacking the world or Japan as a huge octopus devouring the planet, my creature will be a represention of all the time-devouring digital monsters out there, hungry for our time. The fact that they would be a snake or octopus also came from the fact that these creatures constrict/choke/swamp their prey as computer games can constrict your time. So watch this space for incoming visual research.

No comments:

Post a Comment